6 easy steps to overcome shyness and gain confidence
You are shy? Do you have difficulty dealing with people or situations? Then I have good news for you. You do not have to be shy and you must not feel insecure or fear being judged with every step you take.
Winning the war shyly takes practice, but it’s definitely worth the effort as the result is increased confidence and self-esteem. Wake up feeling good about yourself, able to face the world with confidence and security and knowing that no feeling of shyness can get in your way to achieve your wishes.
Hundreds of articles, blogs, books, posts and books have been written to overcome shyness and gain confidence, but there are some methods that everyone can practice. Here are 6 technique suggestions on how to overcome your shyness:
- Every morning, as soon as you wake up, get up in front of a mirror and say out loud “I feel so good! I feel great! I feel great! ”You must repeat this statement daily at least 10 times a day until it enters your subconscious. If you feel a little awkward, start by locking yourself in the bathroom. The results will amaze you.
- Feel good about yourself. Look your best. Dress more often. This gives you an additional feeling of confidence and self-respect. Knowing yourself that you look good will boost your confidence and strengthen yourself with others that there are things about you that are worth knowing.
- You should take a small risk at least once a day. It is very encouraging and conquering to take risks and conquer fear helps you to increase confidence and self-esteem. Start with small risks and apprehensions and move on to bigger things as you overcome them. There’s nothing you cannot do. Have confidence in knowing that change can only help you grow, and boost your confidence.
- When you are engaged in one-on-one discussion or conversations, or while addressing a large group of people, tell them that you are shy. This prevents them from spreading you the wrong way and they are more likely than not to invite you into a conversation that you are just listening to and wish you could contribute.
Many people, including me, got into trouble after a conversation in a noisy room. If you are having difficulty, say so and move on so that you can hear. People values and respects honesty and vulnerability. This will attract more honest people into your life as a result.
5. Rejection is a phenomenon of life that almost everyone experiences. This is rarely what you are rejecting. For example, if you ask someone to date and you are rejected, remember, that everyone has likes and dislikes. You can be attracted to one type of person and not to others. The same applies to other people and you are probably not their type. Which doesn’t devalue you in any way? Accept it and know that you will dominate it. Never take it personally and keep in mind that if people reject you, it is because of their own likes and dislikes and not who you are. Similarly, you are equally entitled to reject others based on your likes and dislikes.
6. Engage in activities that make you feel excited and good about yourself or start a hobby that makes you feel relaxed. It can be anything from gardening to Tai Chi Karate. Take some lessons, learn or master a musical instrument or take a singing lesson. Do something that makes you excited and takes risks. Finding things that make you feel excited is a great antidote to shame.
The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid. – Claudia Johnson…blog.iqmatrix.com
Are you shy? If so, you are far from alone. Many people in the world suffer from mild to extreme shyness and are…www.wikihow.com
Most people feel shy at one point or another, but for some, shyness can be so debilitating that it prevents them from…www.psychologytoday.com